Resources in Fredericton
Becoming a Canadian citizen:
- Citizenship information
- Study Guide – Discover Canada – The Rights and Responsibilities of Citizenship
“Preparation for Canadian Citizenship Test Workshops” are available. Contact us at email@example.com to find out more.
School attendance is mandatory for all children aged between 5-18 years of age. All newcomers to Fredericton have the choice to register a child in either French or English schools (Ask for more information at MCAF before to register your child). To register your child in school, you need to provide your child’s immunization record, and proof of date of birth (birth certificate or an immigration document for example a passport, PR card, etc.).
- Anglophone West School District
- Francophone School District
- École des Bâtisseurs
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
- Employment and Social Development Canada
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Canada Post
- Canada Child Tax Benefit– Application Guidelines
Organic Food Stores
The MCAF Settlement Health Worker facilitates newcomers’ healthcare needs assessment, as well as orientation and referrals to appropriate healthcare services in the community.
We support newcomers to access:
- NB Medicare, GNB health card, Interim Federal Health (IFH) program,
- Dentists, Optometrists,
- Horizon Health Services including: Fredericton Downtown Community Health Center, Hospital, Emergency, Public Health, Mental Health and Addiction, Specialized health services in the community and region etc.
The Dr. Everett Chalmers Regional Hospital provides a 24-hour physician-staffed emergency department. We also have a community Health Centre downtown available for newcomers. There is comprehensive medical coverage in Canada under the NB Medicare program.
Dial 811 (TeleCare) for 24 hour free health care information. A registered nurse will call you back.
- Dr. Everett Chalmers Hospital
- Oromocto Hospital
- Fredericton Downtown Community Health Centre
- Register for a Family Doctor
After Hours Clinics
Housing and Apartments
- A&R Rentals
- Cowperthwaite Apartment Rentals
- Creighton Executive Suites
- Fredericton Rentals Ltd
- Killam Properties Inc.
- Princess Place apts.
- Vanwart Management Ltd.
There are many family friendly activities in Fredericton. Here are a few:
Places to visit
- Beaverbrook Art Gallery
- Hartt Island
- Kings Landing
- Kingswood Entertainment Centre
- NB Sports Hall of Fame
- Science East
- The Fredericton Playhouse
- Senior’s Centre
- Festivals in Fredericton
- Cultural Expressions Festival
- Harvest Jazz and Blues Festival
- NB Highland Games
- New Brunswick Provincial Exhibition
Please visit our directory of ethnocultural organizations for more information on events in Fredericton.
TV and Internet Service Providers
Cell Phone Providers
Training provided by the Multicultural Association of Fredericton Inc. and partners includes: