The Employment Team
NB Employment Language Training (NBELT). For further information on NBELT contact Donna at 452-0656,
NBELT is funded by Citizenship & Immigration Canada, NB Department of Post Secondary Education, Training and Labour (DPETL) and co-funded through the NB Multicultural Council (NBMC).
Business English for Newcomers (BEN). For further information on BEN contact Donna at 452-0656,
Business Englsih for Newcomers class is funded by the NB Popoulation Growth Division.
Your Employment Counselor will help you:
- • Identify your long term and short term career goals
• Find out how to get your qualifications assessed and recognized
• Make a realistic action plan
• Arrange referrals to other useful organizations
• Develop a resume and cover letter
• Access information about educational opportunities
• Network with potential employers
• Link with various wage subsidy programs designed to break down barriers you might face when entering the workforce
Newcomers who use these services must be committed to playing an active role in reaching their employment goals. In order to benefit from the program, newcomers should treat the Employment Counselor like an employer contact. This means:
- • showing up on-time for scheduled appointments
• being open to feedback
• doing follow-up work that has been mutually agreed upon with the counselor
WHO CAN USE THE MCAF EMPLOYMENT SERVICE?
All Newcomers to the Fredericton Region. The definition of Newcomer includes permanent resident. You can access our services if you are:
- • legally entitled to work in Canada or are in the process of accessing a Canadian working permit
• unemployed and looking for full-time employment.
• Or interested in returning to educational upgrading.